Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Gospel in 6 weeks

That's the goal!!! Well at least I hope so. I am going to try to read the entire New Testament by the end of the summer. I am challenging myself to open my heart to God this second half of the summer. I don't know how it's going to go but it's a challenge!

Today I started with the book of Mathew. I read the first 5.5 chapters tonight. Now I have read the book of Mathew before so I was not very excited to start with the book of Mathew but I feel that if Pastor's can read the bible over and over and teach from it over and over there must be something to learn each time I read it. Tonight I don't want to say I didn't learn nothing but I was reintroduced into the word. One thing that I did notice is how clearly God describes what is wrong. I sin over and over and I never really think much about it because I know that my sins are forgiven but I don't think I really think about them being sins. That is one thing that has been a surprise for me.

Anyways here is to the start of a journey, a challenge, a chance to walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment